Okay, so "not moving at all" isn't considered crawling. Intentions??? We all know that one.
This post isn't going to be much because I have to return to On-Line Traffic School, which is due this Tuesday, the 14th. Gee, I've had over a month to do this but NOoooooooooo, I've waited until the last minute...again.
In case you haven't heard my long, drawn-out story, I had an accident on the way to work last month and totalled my truck. I was fine (I hit ice and lost control and ended up in a ditch on the driver's side of the truck) but received a ticket for going too fast for "road conditions". Truth? I deserved that ticket and many more I've never gotten.
Yesterday my oldest daughter turned 40. I can still remember the labor (31 hours) but not in a bad way. You know, things like the doctor I'd never met talking about the dinner he'd had before coming to work...I hadn't eaten anything in over 24 hours! And the wonderful nurse that helped a First-Timer deliver her first child (that nurse also helped me deliver my 2nd child as well). Things like that.
So remembering the events of being a first time mother came rushing back as I called my daughter to sing her Happy Birthday and to see how her day was going. My baby has 5 babies of her own and I'm sure she experiences the same feelings when one of them reaches a special birthday. But 40!?! She doesn't look 40 but probably feels 40 from time to time. I did mention that she has 5 children, right? All girls too; from 21 to 3 years old. Yup, my daughter may be 40 but only in numbers, not in spirit. Did I mention that she is beautiful in every way?? If you've ever met her then you'll know what I mean when I say, "I done good!"
Guess what? I'm procrasting again about returning to that on-line Traffic School. I've already completed about half of it so I'd better get back to it. I still need to do my laundry.
More later. Let's just hope it isn't as long as the last time, right? And girls, NO taking bets on how long it takes!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment